Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Helsinki In The House!!



There is a DJ out in Helsinki, Finland that is Anonymous. I don't know him personally but let me tell you, there are several people who I know of that really know their shit when talking about Old School Funk and Disco shit (B.Cause, The Oakland Faders, Eli Escobar & my dj partner, Booker to name a few).

I add to this list DJ Anonymous.

If you don't know him, check out his blog... http://www.djanonymous.fi/. Can you say ON FIRE?! Everytime I go to his blog it reminds me of the good old days of Funk, Soul, House and Classic Hip Hop. And he just doesn't deal with those formats. Like any great DJ/music lover he crosses over into Dancehall/Reggae, Top 40 and Remixes. He has some of his own original productions/remixes on his blog as well. Do yourself a huge favor and pop on over there and get to listening. In the meantime, here is an edit he sent to us of the classic 1989 track "I Like It (Blow Out Dub)" by Landlord that I'm feeling all over again. Old School Baby! You gotta love it!

Landlord: Blow Out Dub (2008 DJ Anonymous Edit)http://www.divshare.com/download/5161639-9b9

No comments: